I love the 4th of July! The endless fireworks, the family, and of course the BBQ’s! When I was little, I didn’t know the struggles of finding the perfect dish to bring to the BBQ that would have everyone asking for your recipe. Well I have solved all your problems. Below is a recipe that is sure to please everyone. We have been making this recipe in our house for years and it is definitely a winner!
Bits and Pieces
1 small can sweetened condensed milk (any brand will work)
1 large box instant vanilla pudding
1 large tub cool whip
1 to 1 1/2 boxes of vanilla wafers
mini chocolate chips
-The amount of fruit and chocolate chips will vary depending on how much you like that type of fruit. Normally, one small container of blueberries and 1 one pound box of strawberries is what we use. Frozen fruit can be used but fresh fruit works best.
- Mix the condensed milk and 1 and 1/2 cups cold water together. Add pudding and mix with a whisk until smooth. Place in the refrigerator for 5 minutes.
- Fold in cool whip and chill for another 5 minutes.
- While the mixture is chilling, place a layer of vanilla wafers in a deep container. Once the mixture has chilled, place for the 5 minutes place a layer of the mixture on top of the vanilla wafers.
- Then, put a layer of washed and sliced strawberries, blueberries, and chocolate chips on top of the chilled mixture.
- Starting with the vanilla wafers,repeat the layers. It is best if you make the layers thinner. The more layers the better!
This recipe will make bringing a dish to 4th of July events a breeze!